An event that changed my perspective of an issue is probably when I got my drinking ticket. Up until that point I had akways thoguth that the drinkign age being 21 was a little harsh, however still for the most part fair. However when I recieved this ticket for doing something that almost every single person my age does I was a litle shocked. This made me realize that there are any number of police officers that take the time to give fines and tickets to kids who were probably doign the exact same thing that they were doing at that age. There is no reason why three to four police officers should take time to give some kid a citation for drinking underage when they could be out trying to catch real criminals who are actually a danger to society.
The policy on parkimg is a policy that I feel needs to be changed. There is clearly not enough places to aprk on campus and this is somethign that needs to be changed. The parking lots and decks throughout the campus do nto offer nearly enough space for the amount of cars on campus. This forces many people to park in spots that are sometimes not the spot that they were assigned. And in many cases these people recieve tickets for this illegal parking. The University is simple tryign to make money of its students by sendign out parking officials to give tickets to these students.
Monday, April 20th, 2009
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment