Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blog post 2- Post Secret

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg8kyDu4HTajnzQ_-IYnAgj_1uAhFud3Ic4w_l2M10-sjvt2vPTDogdIZH4bJZUQo4fyIsflYTxdXVENCis0k0WHBJf3rFkzNR8_ftSKNiO6fQ3jbpXHb4DG26ZEJZyXNaB4PgSm_LkxEz3/s1600-h/iloveyou.jpg

The PostSecret Card that I chose to analyze was a simple one which appears to be a girl confessing her love for this guy that already has a girlfriend. The picture si a girl up on a ladder with holding an anvil that she is about to drop on this other girls head. The other girl is standing with her boyfriend holding hands below the girl with the anvil. The text says "I would love to drop an anvil on your girlfriends head." The words I, Love and the you in your are all in bold. This shows that the girl is just trying to say how much she loves this guy. The fact that she is using an anvil to kill the girls makes the threat not as serious as well. Anvils are usually used to hurt someone in a cartoon, where the violence isnt that serious. This emphasizes the fact that she is trying to express love for the guy and not hatred for the other girl.

4 comments:

  1. You are definitely right about what the meaning of the picture is. Clearly the girl likes the guy who already has the boyfriend. But if she were to drop an anvil on someone's head from a ladder, more than likely, she would die. Thats a pretty serious violence, it just doesnt sound as violent as saying she wants to shoot or stab her. I like the picture you chose though, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what your saying. The main point of this picture is that the girl is saying I love you to the boy. This fact is indicated in the only letters being filled in with blue are I Love You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what your saying. The main point of this picture is that the girl is saying I love you to the boy. This fact is indicated in the only letters being filled in with blue are I Love You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you picked a interesting post secret card. I find this card very different and I like it a lot. I like the way you looked at what was going on in this card. You did a great job at describing it. I agree with that the girl is only trying to confess her love for this boy.

    ReplyDelete